Saturday, October 11, 2014

Depression and Despair: Today's Cancer Emotions

Every time I think I've got a handle on this cancer crap and I can cope, something happens to slap me down.

Despair: Courtesy of U.S. National Archives and Records Administration


After hearing 2 days ago that Medicaid (IF I qualify for it) does pay for cancer treament, I was feeling a tad better. But yesterday, information I was given makes it sound like I will not be able to get radiation treatment (and maybe chemo as well) until I actually have insurance or have the ability to pay for it myself.

All these billing and financial people seem to think I should get Medicaid with no problem but how long is it going to take? Will I still be alive when it goes through?

I would dearly love to feel more upbeat (and it would definitely help my darling husband if I could feel that way) but how does one NOT despair or be depressed when your life is on the line and all you can do is wait and wait, then wait some more?






No comments:

Post a Comment