Tuesday, October 7, 2014

If It Wasn't For Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All

I'm sure we are related to the Murphy of Murphy's Law fame. It just seems that if something can possibly go wrong, especially when we can least afford to deal with it either financially or emotionally, it will happen.

Image Courtesy of wolfsjourney

We have one vehicle. It's a 1998 Ford full-size van. It has served us well over the years.

But it seems that Mr. Murphy looked under the hood and decided we needed mechanical problems right now. So it's on it's way to the repair shop and I am stewing over how much the repairs will cost.

Under our current circumstances, I can't afford to be without a vehicle to get me to my medical appointments. We live in a bedroom community which is 45 minutes to an hour away from our hospital. So bus service or taxi transportation are pretty much out of the question.

Public Domain Image

Fingers crossed for a reasonable repair bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment